Saturday, April 23, 2016

A Compassion Daybook

In my closet....I recently treated myself and my girls to some new Compassion t-shirts. They have great color options for reasonable prices in the Compassion store. We all needed some new shirts for warmer weather and why not advertise something we believe in.




Praying for... Compassion Sunday!! Officially this is Compassion Sunday weekend, but really it's a season because advocates and sponsors will be holding their presentations for many weeks to come. My own Compassion Sunday isn't until June.



Advocating for...I received three new child packets in the mail this week.

Sweet Lucia in Kenya



Isaac in El Salvador



Oknis in Indonesia




In the news...There was a pretty big earthquake in Ecuador this past week. Please head to Compassion's blog to read more about how they are responding to the crisis. If you sponsor a child in Ecuador, please leave a comment with your child's name and I'll pray for them specifically.




Reading... I'm not actually reading these yet, but they are on my list of what to read next. The Art of Compassion - (Stories of music and justice from artists such as Michael W Smith, Matt Redmand, Steven Curtis Chapman, Chris Tomlin and more) and Small Matters by Greg Nettle and Satiago "Jimmy" Mellado (Compassion's CEO)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...