Friday, March 13, 2015

What to Write ~ Fruit of the Spirit ~ Goodness


It's the second Friday of the month...the unofficial designated day to write to your sponsored kids!

I am continuing with the Fruit of the Spirit series In case you missed them, you can find them here...


And now for GOODNESS

Hello my dear friend. How are you? I'm happy to be able to write to you again.  I hope you are enjoying these thoughts on each fruit of the Spirit that is listed in Galatians 5:22…

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

So far I've shared my thoughts about love, joy, peace, patience and kindness and now we are ready to talk about  GOODNESS. What exactly is goodness?

According to the dictionary, goodness is the state of being good - of having moral excellence and virtue. We know the opposite of good is bad. You probably know what it means to be good. Being obedient is good. Being kind to others is good. Doing your best is good.  Sharing with others is good. Loving others is good. Being helpful is good. Speaking truth to others is good. 

In Psalm 136:1, the psalmist says God is good. 

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, His love endures forever. 

Can you think of specific ways that God is good to you? God has given me a husband and two daughters. He is good to me. God has given me a healthy body to live in. He is good to me. God has given me a mind and the ability to think. He is good to me. God has given me a home to live in and food to eat. He is good to me. God has connected me to you through Compassion. He is good to me. 

But even if God took all these things from me, He would still be good. I say this because He sent his Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for my sin. And this is very good. Without Jesus, I am not good. Because of Jesus, I have been forgiven and will have eternal life. Do you believe this? That God is good and that He sent his Son to die for you?

Here are some other Bible verses about goodness that I like. 

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. - Psalm 23:6

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. 
- Psalm 27:13

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. - 2 Thessalonians  1:11
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...