Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Step Into My Shoes: Week 5

We are half way through my adaptation of the Step Into My Shoes program! I'm so thankful I'm doing this with Juanito and I really look forward to when Compassion releases their Brazilian version!

We started this week by reviewing the map map and then reading Matthew 6:9-13, the children's Bible (along with a story about Jesus dying on the cross). This week's topic is Enough Love, so I thought that reviewing the story of Jesus' death for our sins, the story of the most amazing act of love, was in order.



Next, we read A Country Far Away, the book that comes with the Family Sponsorship Kit, available in the advocate resource guide.



I wish I had remembered this book earlier! Juanito was captivated reading it. And it fits perfectly with this program since the boys are from North America and Africa! The houses were even the same as shown on the map. If you have this book, I highly encourage you to use it along with the SIMS program.

Then we watched the Step 2 video, Enough Love.

Step 02: Enough Love from Compassion International on Vimeo.


Next we sang D-I-O-S es A-M-O-R, or G-O-D is L-O-V-E (from Steve Green's CD…it's in English and in Spanish). Rosie came and joined us with her baby doll at this point (she liked the music).



We closed by looking through Juanito's photo album of his Compassion siblings and choosing two to pray for. He chose to pray for Princesa Maria and Princesa Nancy. He wanted us to pray for them to have food and to study God's word!



If you're reading about SIMS for the first time, you can check out what we did for Week 1, Week 2, Week 3 and Week 4!






About Hannah Hinojosa...Hannah is a long time Compassion sponsor and writes about her sponsorship journey at Because of Shamim. In addition to being a wife and mother, she is a part-time math professor and loves to read.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...