Friday, November 9, 2012

Guest Post at She Becomes


I have a fascination with other countries and cultures. I love learning about other people and how they live, but I’ve found that the people I’m drawn to most are the people who live in desperate circumstances. God has broken my heart for those who live in poverty - especially the children. 
In 1994 I heard about Compassion International, a Christian, child-development ministry that works in 26 of the poorest countries in our world. I was a college student, attending a school with a global world view and heavy emphasis on cross cultural learning.  I was aware of other cultures having already spent time in Mexico, France and Spain, but this was my first glimpse into the third world. God used the sponsorship of a young girl in Kenya to open my eyes to the opportunity of loving my neighbor in a global context....

I'm over at She Becomes today. Join me to read my post there about taking God's love to the ends of the earth.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...